ABOUT THE CURRICULUM
225 years have passed since the writing of the United States Constitution and the establishment of the office of President. This curriculum endeavors to provide a closer look at the men and women that God used to establish the United States of America. Based on a Biblical worldview, this curriculum reflects these truths:
- God alone establishes the nations of the world.
- It is Almighty God’s good pleasure to raise up men and women to accomplish His purposes.
- All of our Founding Fathers were ordinary men who God chose to do extraordinary things.
This curriculum has four goals:
- To educate students of the Christian heritage of the United States of America.
- To study and recognize Godly leadership in action.
- To inspire students to serve God in the role He has chosen for them in a manner that honors Him.
- To prepare students to actively participate in the Washington: Man of Prayer simulcast on May 7, 2014.
The focus for Washington: A Man of Prayer 2014 Curriculum is the character of George Washington and his influence on the establishment of the office of President. The curriculum is very flexible. You will find lessons for all students grades K-12 in a variety of disciplines. The flexibility allows you, the expert authority on your class, to determine a time table for this study and to choose the activities that best serve your students.
Thank you for taking time to use this curriculum and to participate in Washington: A Man of Prayer 2014. May God bless your class time as you study!